NUG Meeting Jan 20, 2022 - Running climate models on Cori
Date: Thursday, January 20, 2022
Time: 11:00 PST
The Monthly NUG Meeting is a regular opportunity for our users to show off what they've done, for NERSC to get feedback from users, and for users to exchange ideas.
Zoom: https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/285479463 (full connection details below). We'll also use the NERSC Users Slack #webinars channel for discussion before, during and after the meeting.
Update: Slides are attached below, and the video recording is now online at https://youtu.be/K9q-UiGOXu8
- Win-of-the-month: open discussion for attendees to tell of some success you've had - eg getting a paper accepted, solving a problem, or achieving something innovative or high impact using NERSC
- Today-I-learned: open discussion for attendees to point out something that surprised them, or that might be valuable to other users to know
- Announcements and CFPs: upcoming conferences, workshops, or other events, that you think might interest or benefit the NERSC user community
- Topic-of-the-day: Run-time configuration for climate models on Cori —throughput per job or throughput per year? Koichi Sakaguchi from PNNL will talk about experiences running climate models on Cori, including some observations about the impact adjusting sbatch parameters has on workload throughput.
- Coming up: Nominations and requests for future topics. We're especially interested to hear from our users - what are you using NERSC for, and what are you learning that might be helpful for other NERSC users, and for NERSC?
- Last month's numbers: NERSC center metrics and info for the most recent month
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/285479463
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,285479463# or +16465588656,,285479463#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 285 479 463
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/Uk9Wbt2Z
Or an H.323/SIP room system:
126.96.36.199 (US West)
188.8.131.52 (US East)
184.108.40.206 (Hong Kong)
Meeting ID: 285 479 463
NUG-Meeting-20-Jan-2022.pdf | Adobe Acrobat PDF fileAgenda and announcement slides for NUG meeting Jan 2022
NUG-Jan2020.pdf | Adobe Acrobat PDF fileSlides from Koichi Sakaguchi from PNNL, about Run-time configuration for climate models on Cori — throughput per job or throughput per year?