NUG Meeting Mar 18, 2021 - Parallelware tools
Date: Thursday, March 18, 2021
Time: 11:00 PST
The Monthly NUG Meeting is a regular opportunity for our users to show off what they've done, for NERSC to get feedback from users, and for users to exchange ideas.
Zoom: https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/285479463 (full connection details below). We'll also use the NERSC Users Slack #webinars channel for discussion before, during and after the meeting.
Update: Video is online at https://youtu.be/JS0FdFYky9I. Slides for the meeting are attached below.
For a more detailed agenda please see this document.
- Win-of-the-month: open discussion for attendees to tell of some success you've had - eg getting a paper accepted, solving a problem, or achieving something innovative or high impact using NERSC
- Today-I-learned: open discussion for attendees to point out something that surprised them, or that might be valuable to other users to know
- Announcements and CFPs: upcoming conferences, workshops, or other events
- Topic-of-the-day: Today's topic is "Parallelware tools for detecting code optimization opportunities". Manuel Arenaz and Javier Novo Rodríguez from Appentra will demonstrate using Parallelware Trainer and Analyzer tools to parallelize the Canny edge detector image processing algorithm, using multithreading, SIMD and offloading. These tools are available on Cori via "module load pwtrainer" and "module load pwanalyzer", and release notes for the latest versions are at https://www.appentra.com/parallelware-trainer-1-6-released/ and https://www.appentra.com/parallelware-analyzer-0-17-released/.
- Coming up: Nominations and requests for future topics. We're especially interested to hear from our users - what are you using NERSC for, and what are you learning that might be helpful for other NERSC users, and for NERSC?
- Last month's numbers: NERSC center metrics and info for the most recent month
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/285479463
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,285479463# or +16465588656,,285479463#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 285 479 463
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/Uk9Wbt2Z
Or an H.323/SIP room system:
18.104.22.168 (US West)
22.214.171.124 (US East)
126.96.36.199 (Hong Kong)
Meeting ID: 285 479 463
presentation-NERSC-NUG-Parallelware-March2021.pdf | Adobe Acrobat PDF fileParallelware presentation NUG meeting Mar 2021
NUG-Meeting-18-Mar-slides.pdf | Adobe Acrobat PDF fileNUG Monthly meeting slides March 2021