NUG Meeting September 15, 2022
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2022
Time: 11:00 PST
The Monthly NUG Meeting is a regular opportunity for our users to show off what they've done, for NERSC to get feedback from users, and for users to exchange ideas.
Zoom: https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/285479463 (full connection details below). We'll also use the NERSC Users Slack #webinars channel for discussion before, during and after the meeting.
Update: The video recording is now available at https://youtu.be/7MTkPJtglv0, and the slides are attached below
- Win-of-the-month: open discussion for attendees to tell of some success you've had -- e.g., getting a paper accepted, solving a problem, or achieving something innovative or high impact using NERSC
- Today-I-learned: open discussion for attendees to point out something that surprised them, or that might be valuable to other users to know
- Announcements and CFPs: upcoming conferences, workshops, or other events, that you think might interest or benefit the NERSC user community
- Topic-of-the-day: How to write a good ticket? Some tickets get a fast answer with an effective solution on the first try. Others take a few rounds of back-and-forth before arriving at an answer. So, how do you give your ticket the best chance of being in the first category? NERSC's Laurie Stephey answers a lot of tickets, and will tell us about the characteristics of tickets that get the best response.
- Coming up: Nominations and requests for future topics. We're especially interested to hear from our users -- what are you using NERSC for, and what are you learning that might be helpful for other NERSC users, and for NERSC?
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://lbnl.zoom.us/j/285479463
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,285479463# or +16465588656,,285479463#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 285 479 463
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/Uk9Wbt2Z
Or an H.323/SIP room system:
22.214.171.124 (US West)
126.96.36.199 (US East)
188.8.131.52 (Hong Kong)
Meeting ID: 285 479 463
NUG-Meeting-How-to-file-a-good-ticket.pdf | Adobe Acrobat PDF fileNUG Meeting Topic of the Day: how to file a good ticket
NUG-Meeting-15-Sept-2022.pdf | Adobe Acrobat PDF fileAgenda and announcement slides for NUG Monthyl Meeting, Sept 2022