Katie Klymko received her PhD in 2018 from UC Berkeley where she worked on the statistical mechanics of non-equilibrium systems using computational and analytical techniques. She was a postdoc at LBL from October of 2018 through September of 2021, working on a range of topics including fluctuating hydrodynamics/finite volume methods for modeling mesoscale systems and more recently quantum computing algorithms. Her work in quantum computing has focused on the development of efficient methods for eigenvalue calculations in molecular systems as well as quantum computing algorithms to explore thermodynamic properties. In October of 2021, she became a staff member at NERSC where she is working to integrate HPC and quantum computing.
- Ahmad K. Omar, Katherine Klymko, Trevor GrandPre, Phillip L.Geissler, and John F. Brady. Tuning Nonequilibrium Phase Transitions with Inertia. arXiv:2108.10278
- Kevin Luna, Katherine Klymko, and Johannes P. Blaschke. Accelerating GMRES with deep learning in real time. arXiv:2103.10975
- Lindsay Bassman, Katherine Klymko, Diyi Liu, Norman M Tubman, and Wibe A. de Jong. Computing free energies with fluctuation relations on quantum computers, arXiv:2103.09846
- Katherine Klymko, Carlos Mejuto-Zaera, Stephen J. Cotton, Filip Wudarski, Miroslav Urbanek, Diptarka Hait, Martin Head-Gordon, K. Birgitta Whaley, Jonathan Moussa, Nathan Wiebe, Wibe A. de Jong, and Norm M.Tubman. Real-time evolution for ultracompact Hamilto- nian eigenstates on quantum hardware. arXiv:2103.08563
- Mekena Metcalf, Emma Stone, Katherine Klymko, Alexander F. Kemper, Mohan Sarovar, and Wibe A. de Jong. Quantum Markov chain Monte Carlo with digital dissipative dynamics on quantum computers. arXiv:2103.03207
- Ahmad K. Omar, Katherine Klymko, Trevor GrandPre, and Phillip L.Geissler. Phase diagram of active Brownian spheres: crystallization and the metastability of motility-induced phase separation. Physical Review Letters 126, no. 18 (2021): 188002. Editors’ Suggestion, Featured in Physics, Cover of PRL
- Daniel R. Ladiges, Andrew Nonaka, Katherine Klymko, Guy C. Moore, John B. Bell, Sean P. Carney, Alejandro L. Garcia, Sachin Natesh, and Aleksandar Donev. A Discrete ion stochastic continuum overdamped solvent algorithm for modeling electrolytes. Physical Review Fluids 6, (2021): 044309
- Trevor GrandPre, Katherine Klymko, Kranthi K. Mandadapu, and David T. Limmer. Entropy production fluctuations encode collective behavior in active matter. Physical Review E 103, no. 1 (2021): 012613
- Katherine Klymko, Sean. P. Carney, Andrew Nonaka, Alejandro L. Garcia, and John B. Bell. A low Mach number fluctuating hydrodynamics model for ionic liquids. Physical Review Fluids 5, no 9 (2020): 09803. Editors’ Suggestion
- Cory Hargus, Katherine Klymko, Jeffrey M. Epstein, and Kranthi K. Mandadapu. Time reversal symmetry breaking and odd viscosity in active fluids: Green-Kubo and NEMD results. The Journal of Chemical Physics 152, no. 20 (2020): 201102. Editors’ Suggestion
- J. M. Epstein, K. Klymko, K. K. Mandadapu. Statistical Mechanics of Transport Processes in Active Matter II: Equations of Hydrodynamics for Active Brownian Particles. arXiv:1809.01114, 2018.
- S. Whitelam, K. Klymko, D. Mandal. Phase separation and large deviations of lattice active matter. J. Chem. Phys., 148 154902, 2018.
- K. Klymko, P.L. Geissler, J.P. Garrahan, S. Whitelam. Rare behavior of growth processes via umbrella sampling of trajectories. Phys. Rev. E, 97, 032123, 2018.
- D. Mandal, K. Klymko, M.R. DeWeese. Entropy production and fluctuation theorems for active matter. Phys. Rev. Lett., 119, 258001, 2017.
- K. Klymko, D. Mandal, K. K. Mandadapu. Statistical mechanics of transport processes in active fluids: Equations of hydrodynamics. J. Chem. Phys., 147, 194109, 2017.
- K. Klymko, J.P. Garrahan, S. Whitelam. Similarity of ensembles of trajectories of reversible and irreversible growth processes. Phys. Rev. E, 96, 042126, 2017.
- D. Mandal, K. Klymko, K. K. Mandadapu. Generalized hydrodynamics of active polar suspensions. arXiv:1706.02284, 2017.
- K. Klymko, P.L. Geissler, S. Whitelam. Microscopic origin and macroscopic implications of lane formation in mixtures of oppositely driven particles. Phys. Rev. E, 94, 022608, 2016.
- D. M. Schauder, O. Kuybeda, J. Zhang, K. Klymko, A. Bartesaghi, M. J. Borgnia, M. L. Mayer, S. Subramaniam. P.N.A.S., 110, 5921-5926, 2013.
- G. Cecere, G.X.Y. Zheng, A.R. Mansisidor, K. Klymko, A. Grishok. Promoters recognized by forkhead proteins exist for individual 21U-RNAs. Mol. Cell, 47, 734-745, 2012.
- W.L. Miller, B. Bozorgui, K. Klymko, A. Cacciuto. Free energy of alternating two-component polymer brushes on cylindrical templates. J. Chem. Phys. , 135, 244902, 2011.
- K. Klymko, A. Cacciuto. Free Energy of Multiple Overlapping Chains. Phys. Rev. Lett., 107, 278302, 2011.