Shahzeb Siddiqui is a HPC Consultant/Software Integration Specialist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory/NERSC. I spend 50% of my time on Consulting where I help address any incoming issues reported by NERSC users. The rest of my time is dedicated to the Exascale Computing Project (ECP). Shahzeb is part of the Software Deployment (SD) group where I am responsible for building Spack E4S CI pipeline for NERSC.
Shahzeb is involved in several open-source projects including easybuild, spack, singularity, and creator of open-source project buildtest and lmodule, . Shahzeb has experience with installing scientific software, cluster administration (configuration management and cluster manager tools), user support tickets, and scheduler configuration. Shahzeb is an experienced Developer, Dev-Ops, System Administrator and often involved in open-source projects.
Shahzeb Siddiqui started out his career in High Performance Computing (HPC) in 2012 at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) while pursuing his Masters. His focus in HPC includes Parallel Programming, Performance Tuning, Containers (Singularity, Docker), Linux system administration, Scientific Software Installation and testing, Scheduler Optimization, and Job Metrics. Shahzeb has held multiple roles in his HPC career in the following companies: Dassault-Systemes, Pfizer, Penn State, and IBM. Prior to 2012, he was a software engineer holding multiple roles at Global Science & Technology, Northrop Grumman, and Penn State.
- M.S Computer Science at KAUST (08/2012 - 12/2013)
- B.S Computer Engineer at Penn State University (08/2008 - 05/2011)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) - Credential ID: 200-019-677
- Cluster Manager: Bright Cluster Manager, Cobbler
- Scheduler: SLURM, LSF
- Containers: Singularity, Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernettes
- Configuration Management: Ansible
- Build Framework: Easybuild, Spack, OpenHPC
- Database: MySQL, mariadb
- DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Git, JIRA, JIRA Service Desk
- Module Environment: Lmod, EnvironmentModules
- Misc: Apache, Cyber-security, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Computer Architecture, Assembly Programming, Shell Scripting, Embedded Systems.