Shahzeb Siddiqui is a HPC Consultant/Software Integration Specialist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. He is the creator of few open-source project including: buildtest, lmodule, jobstats. Shahzeb started out his career in High Performance Computing (HPC) in 2012 at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) when he pursued Masters in Computer Science. Shahzeb is a Developer, Dev-Ops, System Administrator and often involved in several open-source projects.
He specializes in Parallel Programming, Performance Tuning, Containers (Singularity, Docker), Linux system administration, Scientific Software Installation and testing, Schedulers including SLURM and LSF. Shahzeb has held multiple roles in his HPC career at Dassault-Systemes, Pfizer, Penn State, and IBM. Prior to 2012, he was a Systems Analyst at Global Science & Technology (GST) working for NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) and a Cyber Software Engineer at Northrop Grumman.
In spare time, Shahzeb likes to play video games, table-tennis, cricket, basketball.
- M.S Computer Science at KAUST (08/2012 - 12/2013)
- B.S Computer Engineer at Penn State University (08/2008 - 05/2011)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) - Credential ID: 200-019-677
- Cluster Manager: Bright Cluster Manager, Cobbler
- Scheduler: SLURM, LSF
- Containers: Singularity, Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernettes
- Configuration Management: Ansible
- Build Framework: Easybuild, Spack, OpenHPC
- Database: MySQL, mariadb
- DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Git, JIRA, JIRA Service Desk
- Module Environment: Lmod, EnvironmentModules
- Misc: Apache, Cyber-security, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Computer Architecture, Assembly Programming, Shell Scripting, Embedded Systems.