Rahulkumar Gayatri is an Application Performance Specialist working in the Application Performance Group (APG) at NERSC. His current projects include the the EXAALT ECP project and he is also involved with the Kokkos development team.
In his time as a NERSC staff member, Rahul optimized the SNAP potential in LAMMPS MD package for next generation architectures. He is currently working on the OpenMPTarget backend of the Kokkos programming model.
Rahulkumar Gayatri got his PhD in the area of parallel programming models from Barcelona Supercomputing Center in March 2015 under the supervision of Dr Rosa Maria Badia and Eduard Ayguade. His thesis work was on synchronization of multiple threads on a multi-core processor.
Later he worked in the HPC group at Wipro Infotech where he provided parallel programming solutions to clients. As a part of this group he worked with the MOOSE project, which simulates the behavior of a cell in a human brain. He parallelized the linear solvers that simulate the effect of chemical and electrical stimuli given to a cell.
High-performance computing, Parallel computing, Porting scientific computing applications onto Highly parallel machines.
- Rahulkumar Gayatri, Kevin Gott, Jack Deslippe. Comparing Managed Memory and ATS with and without Prefetching on NVIDIA Volta GPUs. PMBS Workshop, SC 2019.
- Verónica G Vergara Larrea, Reuben D Budiardja, Rahulkumar Gayatri, Christopher Daley, Oscar Hernandez, Wayne Joubert. Experiences in porting mini‐applications to OpenACC and OpenMP on heterogeneous systems. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (Journal)
- Rahulkumar Gayatri, Charlene Yang, Thorsten Kurth, Jack Deslippe : A case study for performance portability using OpenMP 4.5. WACCPD workshop, 2018
- Charlene Yang, Rahulkumar Gayatri, Thorsten Kurth et al: An empirical roofline methodology for quantitatively assessing performance portability. P3HPC Workshop, SC 2018.
- Tuomas Koskela, Zakhar Matveev, Rahulkumar Gayatri et al: A novel multi-level integrated roofline model approach for performance characterization. ISC High Performance 2018
- Rahulkumar Gayatri, Rosa.M.Badia, Eduard Ayguade, Mikel Lujan, Ian Watson: Transactional access to shared memory in StarSs, a task based programming model. Euro-Par 2012: 514-525
- Rahulkumar Gayatri, Rosa.M.Badia, Eduard Ayguade: Loop level speculation in a task based programming model. HiPc 2013: 39-48
- Rahulkumar Gayatri, Rosa.M.Badia, Eduard Ayguade : Analysis of the overheads incurred due to speculation in a task based programming model 2015.
- TERAFLUX: Harnessing dataflow in next generation teradevices - Embedded Hardware Design.: 976-990 (2014)
- Parallelizing Breadth First Search Using CELL Broadband Engine. HiPC(2008)