Quarterly Allocation Reductions
MPP (or computational) repositories that haven't used (charged) significant amounts of time are adjusted at certain times during the year by transferring a part of the unused balance to the corresponding DOE Office reserve.
Allocation Year 2017
The following schedule will be used for allocation year 2017 (which runs 10 January 2017 through 8 January 2018).
On April 12:
- If charged usage is less than 10% remove 25% of the unused balance.
We anticipate an additional allocation of Cori Phase II time around June/July, so there will be NO 2nd Quarter reduction in July.
On October 11:
- If charged usage is less than 40% remove 25% of the unused balance.
- If charged usage is less than 20% remove 75% of the unused balance.
- If charged usage is less than 10% remove 90% of the unused balance.
On December 6:
- If no charged usage, close the repo and transfer balance to the reserve.