Please acknowledge in your publications the role NERSC facilities played in your research. Also, please alert our communications staff when a paper is accepted or close to publication. They may feature your work in a science story and on the NERSC home page.
A sample acknowledgement:
- This research used resources of the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC), a U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science User Facility located at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, operated under Contract No. DE-AC02-05CH11231 using NERSC award <OOO>-ERCAP<XXXXX>.
Where <OOO> is one of
- The Office of Science program office that made the award (one of ASCR, BER, BES, FES, HEP, NP)
- ALCC for ASCR Leadership Computing Challenge Awards
- DDR for awards made through the NERSC Director's Discretionary program, which includes education and exploratory projects as well as all special programs like ECP, [email protected], COVID, etc.
and <XXXX> is the ERCAP request number for your award. If you do not know the ERCAP request ID number, you can look it up at https://ercap.nersc.gov/ or you can use the project identifier and year (e.g. m306 for 2020)
You may use a variation on this theme, calling out specific simulations or portions of the research that used NERSC resources, or even citing the system used. However, the crucial elements are
- The spelled-out center name (you can use the acronym if needed): National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC)
- U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science User Facility at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
If possible and appropriate, please also include
- NERSC's Research Organization Registry (ROR) ID: https://ror.org/05v3mvq14
- NERSC's DOI from the Crossref Funder Registry: 10.13039/100017223
- Global Research Identifier Database ID: grid.484489.d
We appreciate your conscientiousness in this matter. Acknowledgment and pre-publication notification help the center communicate the importance of its role in science to its funding agency, helping to assure the continued availability of this valuable resource.