Please acknowledge in your publications the role NERSC facilities played in your research. Also, please alert our communications staff when a paper is accepted or close to publication. They may feature your work in a science story and on the NERSC home page.
A sample acknowledgement:
- This research used resources of the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC), a U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science User Facility located at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, operated under Contract No. DE-AC02-05CH11231 using NERSC award <OOO>-ERCAP<XXXXX>.
You may use any variation on this theme, calling out specific simulations or portions of the research that used NERSC resources, or even citing the system used. For the NERSC award, replace <000> with the Office of Science Program Office (e.g., FES for Fusion Energy Sciences) and replace <XXXXX> with the ERCAP request ID number. If you do not know the ERCAP request ID number, you can look it up at https://ercap.nersc.gov/ or you can use the project identifier and year (e.g. m306 for 2020).
However, the crucial elements are
- The spelled-out center name (it's okay to include the acronym, too): National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC)
- U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science User Facility at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
If possible and appropriate, please also include
- NERSC's Research Organization Registry (ROR) ID: https://ror.org/05v3mvq14
- NERSC's DOI from the Crossref Funder Registry: 10.13039/100017223
- Global Research Identifier Database ID: grid.484489.d
We appreciate your conscientiousness in this matter. Acknowledgment and pre-publication notification help the center communicate the importance of its role in science to its funding agency, helping to assure the continued availability of this valuable resource.