Quarterly Allocation Reductions
MPP (or computational) repositories that haven't used (charged) significant amounts of time are adjusted at certain times during the year by transferring a part of the unused balance to the corresponding DOE Office reserve. (ALCC and DDR projects are exempt from this reduction.)
Allocation Year 2017
The following schedule will be used for allocation year 2017 (which runs 10 January 2017 through 8 January 2018).
On April 12:
- If charged usage is less than 10% remove 25% of the unused balance.
We anticipate an additional allocation of Cori Phase II time around June/July, so there will be NO 2nd Quarter reduction in July.
On October 11:
- If charged usage is less than 30% remove 25% of the unused balance.
- If charged usage is less than 15% remove 75% of the unused balance.
- If charged usage is less than 7.5% remove 90% of the unused balance.
On December 6:
- If no charged usage, close the repo and transfer balance to the reserve.