Accounts & Allocations
- Accounts Terminology This page explains the words NERSC uses for managing accounts and allocations.
- User Accounts (Logins) This section explains how to get and manage a NERSC user account. It also covers passwords, account policies and security, and explains how usage is charged.
NERSC Allocations: for Principal Investigators and Account Managers
This section is for principal investigators and project managers who apply for NERSC allocations and manage their project users. It explains how to submit a NERSC allocation request and how to use NIM for account management tasks such as changing user quotas.
- Allocations Overview and Eligibility
- Apply for Your First NERSC Allocation
- The NERSC Allocation Request Form (ERCAP)
- 2017 Call for Proposals to use NERSC Resources
- Allocation Proposal (ERCAP) Application Deadlines
- Requesting an Increase in Allocation
- Quarterly Allocation Reductions
- Managing Your Allocation and Your Users
- Department of Energy Science Offices, Programs and Allocation Managers
- NESAP Application Process
- Past Calls for Proposals
- NERSC Information Management (NIM) portal The NERSC Information Management (NIM) system is a web portal used to view and modify user account, usage, and allocations information.
- Awarded projects This section lists the awards made to projects on a yearly basis.
- ASCR Leadership Computing Challenge (ALCC) Projects at NERSC The mission of the ASCR Leadership Computing Challenge (ALCC) is to provide an allocation program for projects of interest to the Department of Energy (DOE) with an emphasis on high-risk, high-payoff simulations in areas directly related to the DOE mission and for broadening the community of researchers capable of using leadership computing resources. Open to scientists from the research community in industry, academia, and national laboratories, the ALCC program allocates up to 30% of the…