SpinUp Workshop: Nov-Dec 2022
Spin is a container-based platform at NERSC designed for you to deploy your own science gateways, workflow managers, databases, API endpoints, and other network services to support your scientific projects. Services in Spin are built with Docker containers and can easily access NERSC systems and storage.
Introduction and more information about spin can be found here.
Users must apply for and complete the SpinUp instructional workshop to gain access to Spin. See this for more information about the workshop, upcoming dates and times, and a link to apply. Completion of the SpinUp workshop is required for access!
- Location: Both local and remote participants are welcome, but during the COVID-19 pandemic, all workshops are conducted over Zoom.
- Session 1: Seminar: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Session 2: Hack-a-thon; choose either
- Option A: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Option B: Thursday, December 8, 2022, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm