SpinUp Woekshop: Apr 2020
Spin is a new Containers-as-a-Service (CaaS) platform at NERSC based on Docker container technology. It can be used to deploy web sites and science gateways, workflow managers, databases and key-value stores, and all sorts of network services that can access NERSC systems and storage on the back end.
Spin is currently in a pilot phase as the NERSC Infrastructure Services Group (ISG) refines the underlying systems and tools.
See the videos and other information below to learn more about its capabilities.
Users must apply for and complete the SpinUp instructional workshop to gain access to Spin. See this for more information about the workshop, upcoming dates and times, and a link to apply. Completion of the SpinUp workshop is required for access!
- Location: Lawrence Berkeley Lab, Berkeley, CA
- Session 1: Orientation: Thu Apr 23, 2020, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Session 2: Implementing Services: Fri Apr 24, 2020, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Session 3: Hack-a-thon; choose either
- Option A: Thu Apr 30, 2020, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Option B: Fri May 1, 2020, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm