Storing and Retrieving Data
- Optimizing Performance Optimizing the way you store files in HPSS will make later retrieval more efficient.
- Clients The clients used to access HPSS are HSI, HTAR, and ftp/pftp.
- Software Downloads Users can download HSI and HTAR HPSS clients for a variety of platforms.
- Using Sleepers to Manage Batch Access to HPSS Sleepers are available when using the HSI or PFTP clients from NERSC production machines. They allow you to manage access to HPSS from batch jobs when HPSS is unavailable.
- Mistakes to Avoid There are a number of workflows that should be avoided as much as possible.