Online help desk
Use NERSC's Help desk web site to request assistance with your NERSC-related computing questions and problems. Log in using your NERSC username and password.
Here are some general tips that may help the NERSC consultants better assist you:
- State your NERSC username if you submit an issue via email, especially if you send email from a system such as gmail. If you use the Help Desk web site your username will automatically be recorded.
- State which NERSC machine (or other system) your problem relates to.
- If a job crashed try to provide the job ID (the number returned from the 'qsub' command).
- Provide error messages, if applicable.
- State which NERSC file system(s) you were using, either to submit the job or in which the data files reside, and paths to the relevant files, especially your job script.
- Listing which module files you had loaded may help, as well as the exact command you used.
- In general, new issue? New ticket. This will generally result in faster service.
When you submit a question or problem to NERSC it will be assigned a "trouble ticket" number. You can use the NERSC Help Desk web site to see the status and history of your questions.
With the Help Desk web site you can "share" a trouble ticket with everyone in your repo.