Online help desk
Use NERSC's Help desk web site to request assistance with your NERSC related computing questions and problems. Log in using your NERSC username and password.
Here are some general tips that may help the NERSC consultants better assist you:
- State your NERSC username if you submit an issue via email, especially if you send email from a system such as Gmail. If you use the Help Desk web site your username will automatically be recorded.
- State which NERSC machine (or other system) your problem relates to.
- If a job crashed try to provide the job ID (the number returned from the 'qsub' command).
- Provide error messages, if applicable.
- State which NERSC file system(s) you were using, either to submit the job or in which the data files reside, and paths to the relevant files, especially your job script.
- Listing which module files you had loaded may help, as well as the exact command you used.
- In general, new issue? New ticket. This will generally result in faster service.
When you submit a question or problem to NERSC it will be assigned a "trouble ticket" number. You can use the NERSC Help Desk web site to see the status and history of your questions.
With the Help Desk web site you can "share" a trouble ticket with everyone in your project.