Compute Node Configuration
- 9,572 nodes
- 1 quad-core AMD 'Budapest' 2.3 GHz processor per node
- 4 cores per node (38,288 total cores)
- 8 GB DDR3 800 MHz memory per node
- Peak Gflop rate
- 9.2 Gflops/core
- 36.8 Gflops/node
- 352 Tflops for the entire machine
- Each core has their own L1 and L2 caches, with 64 KB and 512KB respectively
- 2 MB L3 cache shared among the 4 cores
Compute Node Software
By default the compute nodes run a restricted low-overhead operating system optimized for high performance computing called "Cray Linux Environment" (CLE). This OS supports only a limited number of system calls and UNIX commands and does not support system or user-created dynamic-load libraries.
A single given compute node is always allocated to run a single user job; multiple jobs never share a compute node.