NERSCPowering Scientific Discovery Since 1974

June 21

Attending:  Eric, Elizabeth, Craig, Andrei

Utilization:  Cluster has been full - a bit surprising since QM has passed. 

Recent Outages:  None.

Upcoming Downtimes:  7/13 project will be unavailable so a PDSF kernal and GPFS update is being consider.  This would be SWO for a day probably but the final decision has not been made yet.

Procurements:  Got a bunch of disks for STAR - these are local disks and and are being mounted in 5 racks.

Torque:  Carver will get NERSC site license for MOAB and we are working on licensing arrangements for PDSF that could provide a good price.

Grid Issues:  Eric still working with Ian to get CERN account set up, Andrei to update the ticket about data deletion.

Topics from users:

Craig reports that dayabay will do cpu/disk procurement and might consider setting up dedicated node for building their software.  Their builds take something like 8 hours and if they do 3 builds a day they start to overlap.  Builds are triggered by svn commits and use CMT which is very slow.