Why is my job NOT running? User Training April 18th
April 18, 2012 by Katie Antypas
This training will be very hands-on, so please bring a laptop. We will be solving user questions as a group so everyone can see how to diagnose some of the common problems. You will be able to get one on one assistance if necessary. We will also cover and assist with data migration from /home to /house.
Where: 100-149 A/B
When: Wednesday, April 18th from 1:30-3:30 (or as long as people have questions)
Training: "Why isn't my job running?"
- Overview of queues and complexes, as well as the Genepool configuration (15 min)
- Basic submission options for qsub - "Where will my job end up?" (10 min)
- Open up the floor to let anyone ask about jobs that aren't running. We'll try to solve your problems and answer questions in real-time in front of the group. This will highlight the use of the qstat and qconf commands. (30-40 min, possibly longer)
- Overview of environment variables and modules (20 min)
- More advanced job submission information - array jobs (10 min)
- Open up the floor to more questions about workflows and adapting submission scripts to include job array syntax.
- Data transfer - Netapps are going read only, are there people here who need help transferring their data
- General help session (until the room is empty)