NERSC-8 / Trinity Benchmarks
These benchmark programs are for use as part of the joint NERSC / ACES NERSC-8/Trinity system procurement. There are two basic kinds of benchmarks:
MiniApplications: miniFE, miniGhost, AMG, UMT, GTC, MILC, SNAP, and miniDFT
MicroBenchmarks: Pynamic, STREAM, OMB, SMB, ZiaTest, IOR, Metabench, PSNAP, FSTest, mpimemu, and UPC_FT
The SSP is an aggregate measure based on selected runs of the MiniApplications.
- SSP Brief description, sample calculation, and Hopper baseline SSP value.
- Change Log
- miniFE MiniFE mimics the finite element generation, assembly and solution for an unstructured grid problem.
- MiniGhost a Finite Difference mini-application that implements a difference stencil across a homogenous three dimensional domain.
- AMG AMG is a parallel algebraic multigrid solver for linear systems arising from problems on unstructured grids.
- UMT UMT is a 3-D, deterministic, multigroup, photon transport code for unstructured meshes.
- GTC 3D Gyrokinetic Toroidal Code
- SNAP SNAP is a proxy for the performance of a modern discrete ordinates neutral particle transport application.
- MILC MILC represents part of a set of codes used to study Lattice Quantum ChromoDynamics (QCD).
- MiniDFT MiniDFT is intended to capture the performance-critical portions of a density functional theory materials science computation.
- NPB UPC-FT This is the NAS Parallel Benchmark FFT program written in the UPC language.
- Pynamic Pynamic tests dynamic loading subsystem design and the ability to handle heavy use of dynamically linked libraries from a large Python-based scientific application.
- STREAM The STREAM benchmark is designed to measure the sustainable memory bandwidth and corresponding computation rate for four simple vector kernels
- OMB MPI Tests The OSU MicroBenchmarks carry out a variety of message passing performance tests using MPI.
- SMB The "Host Processor Overhead" and "Real World Message Rate" benchmarks from the Sandia MPI Micro-Benchmark Suite (SMB).
- PSNAP P-SNAP is a micro benchmark to measure OS impact on parallel jobs.
- ZiaTest This test executes a new proposed standard benchmark method for MPI startup that is intended to provide a realistic assessment of both launch and wireup requirements.
- mdtest Used to measure file system metadata operation rates
- IOR IOR is used for testing performance of parallel file systems using various interfaces and access patterns.
- mpimemu A simple tool that helps approximate MPI library memory usage as a function of scale.
- FLOP Counts for "Small" Single-Node Miniapplication Tests Provided for reference