Big Data Center Publications and Past Events
Grzegorz et al.:
Papers / Book chapters:
Shields, C. A., Rutz, J. J., Leung, L.-Y., Ralph, F. M., Wehner, M., Kawzenuk, B., Lora, J. M., McClenny, E., Osborne, T., Payne, A. E., Ullrich, P., Gershunov, A., Goldenson, N., Guan, B., Qian, Y., Ramos, A. M., Sarangi, C., Sellars, S., Gorodetskaya, I., Kashinath, K., Kurlin, V., Mahoney, K., Muszynski, G., Pierce, R., Subramanian, A. C., Tome, R., Waliser, D., Walton, D., Wick, G., Wilson, A., Lavers, D., Prabhat, Collow, A., Krishnan, H., Magnusdottir, G., and Nguyen, P.: Atmospheric River Tracking Method Intercomparison Project (ARTMIP): Project Goals and Experimental Design, Geosci. Model Dev. Discuss.,https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-2017-295, in review, November 2017.
Muszynski, G., Kashinath, K., Kurlin, V., Wehner, M., Prabhat:Topological Data Analysis and Machine Learning for Recognizing Atmospheric River Patterns in Large Climate Datasets,
Geosci. Model Dev., submitted, February 2018.
Muszynski, G., Kurlin, V., Morozov, D., Kashinath, K., Wehner, M.,Prabhat: Topological Methods for Pattern Detection in Climate Data,invited a book chapter for Wiley & Sons, submission in progress, March 2018, invited by Huang Thomas, Jet Propulsion Laboratory/NASA at Caltech.
Poster presentation at the Spring School on Applied and Computational Algebraic Topology at Hausdorff Research Institute for Mathematics, Bonn, Germany, 24-28 April 2017.
Poster presentation at the Conference on Applied and Computational Algebraic Topology at Hausdorff Research Institute for Mathematics, Bonn, Germany, 2-6 May 2017.
Poster presentation at the Computing Sciences Summer Student poster session at Lawrence Berkeley Lab, Berkeley, California, United States, 10 August 2017.
Poster presentation at the An Object-Oriented View of Atmospheric Science: Feature Detection and Characterization in Big Data session at the AGU (American Geophysical Union) Fall meeting in New Orleans, United States, 11 December 2017. Link to abstract: click here.
Giving a talk at Learning Algorithms session at the British Colloquium for Theoretical Computer Science at Royal Holloway, University of London, United Kingdom, 26 March 2018. Link to the abstract: click here.
Giving a talk at Big data and machine learning in geosciences session at the European Geosciences Union General Assembly (EGU), Vienna, Austria, 9 April 2018. Link to abstract: click here.
Giving a talk at Algorithms, Computational Geometry and Topology seminar at the Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria), Vienna, Austria, 11 April 2018, invited by Wagner Hubert, Edelsbrunner Group at IST Austria.
Giving a talk at Linear Algebra and Optimization Seminar at Stanford University, United States, September 2018, invited by Research Professor Michael Saunders at Dept. of MS & E, SOL, ICME, SCCM at Stanford University.
Giving a talk at Postgraduate Workshop at the Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool, 1 May 2018.
Adam et al.:
1. A. Rupe, J.P. Crutchfield, K. Kashinath, and Prabhat (2017). "A Physics-Based Approach to Unsupervised Discovery of Coherent Structures in Spatiotemporal Systems", Lyubchich, V., N. C. Oza, A. Rhines, and E. Szekely, eds., 2017: Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Climate Informatics: CI 2017. NCAR Technical Note NCAR/TN-536+PROC, 132 pp, doi:10.5065/D6222SH7. arXiv:1709.03184 [physics.flu-dyn]
2. A. Rupe and J.P. Crutchfield (2018). Local Causal States and Discrete Coherent Structures. arXiv preprint arXiv:1801.00515. - Accepted for publication in Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science
3. A. Rupe and J.P. Crutchfield (2018). Spacetime Symmetries, Invariant Sets, and Additive Sub-Dynamics of Cellular Automata. Preparing for submission.
1. A. Rupe and J.P. Crutchfield (2018). Spacetime Computational Mechanics.
2. Structural Semantics of Local Causal States, Part 1: Contamination.
3. Structural Semantics of Local Causal States, Part 2: Coherence Detection.
Seminar – Center for Nonlinear Dynamics, UT Austin, 2016
Talk – APS Far West Section, 2016
Poster – AGU Fall Meeting, 2016
Talk – Dynamics Days, 2017
Talk – 7th Annual UC Davis Math Conference, 2017
Poster – 7th International Workshop on Climate Informatics, NCAR, 2017
Poster – Intel HPC Developer Conference, 2017
Talk – 70th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, 2018
Poster – Dynamics Days, 2018
Poster – SIAM conference on coherent structures
Poster – Intel AI DevCon
Talk – XXX IUPAP conference on computational physics
Talk – Information Engines at the Frontiers of Nanoscale Thermodynamics, Telluride Science Research Center