ASCR Leadership Computing Challenge proposals due February 3
January 6, 2015 by Francesca Verdier
The Call for 2015 ALCC is now open. See http://science.energy.gov/ascr/facilities/alcc/ for details.
ALCC supports projects that advance the DOE mission and further the goals of DOE program offices. For 2015 ALCC, projects of special interest to the DOE include the following:
- Energy efficiency and the clean energy agenda
- Nuclear reactor safety and environmental management of nuclear waste
- Mesoscale materials science
- Predictive simulation of chemical processes
- Lattice QCD, low energy nuclear physics, and nuclear astrophysics problems of particular relevance to the experimental research programs at DOE Nuclear Physics facilities.
- Advancing a robust predictive understanding and capability across scales and systems for Climate Science
- Advance Earth Science, Environmental Science, and Subsurface Technology particularly as relates to energy resources, the carbon cycle and sequestration, and environmental management.
- Developing new solutions for Big Data intersections with leadership computing
- Broadening the community of researchers capable of using next generation leadership computing resources
- Exploration of new frontiers in physical, biological, and computational science