I joined the DAS group (Data & Analytics Services) at NERSC as a Postdoctoral Scholar in April 2018.
My responsibilities include:
- Assisting High Energy Physics groups LZ and ATLAS in running their computation on NERSC machines.
- Developing computational workflows for High Energy Physics computations.
- Using Machine Learning to solve problems in High Energy Physics.
My research background is in Theoretical and Computational Particle Physics. I got my PhD in Theoretical Physics from Duke University in September 2016, specializing in Lattice Field theory. As a postdoc at the University of Colorado at Boulder, I worked on the study of lattice gauge theories of interest in Beyond Standard Model Physics. During this time, I also worked on developing Databases and computational workflows for lattice gauge theory calculations.
Machine Learning, Scientific workflows, Databases, Lattice gauge theories.
Details about my research publications can be found at: http://inspirehep.net/author/profile/V.Ayyar.1
Selected Journal publications:
- Baryon spectrum of SU(4) composite Higgs theory with two distinct fermion representations, V. Ayyar, T. DeGrand, D. Hackett, W. Jay, E. Neil, Y. Shamir, B. Svetitsky, June 2018, Phys. Rev. D 97, 114505.
- Finite temperature phase structure of SU(4) gauge theory with multiple fermion representations,V. Ayyar, T. DeGrand, D. Hackett, W. Jay, E. Neil, Y. Shamir, B. Svetitsky, June 2018, Phys. Rev. D 97, 114502.
- Benchmark results in the 2D lattice Thirring model with a chemical potential, V. Ayyar, S. Chandrasekharan, J. Rantaharju, March 2018, Phys. Rev. D 97, 054501.
- Spectroscopy of SU(4) composite Higgs theory with two distinct fermion representations, V. Ayyar, T. DeGrand, M. Golterman, D. Hackett, W. Jay, E. Neil, Y. Shamir, B. Svetitsky, April 2018, Phys. Rev. D 97, 074505.
- Generating a perturbative mass gap using Feynman diagrams in an asymptotically free theory, V. Ayyar, S. Chandrasekharan, Dec 2017, Phys. Rev. D 96, 114506.
- Fermion masses through four-fermion condensates, V. Ayyar and S. Chandrasekharan, Oct 2016, JHEP10(2016)058.
- Origin of fermion masses without Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking, V. Ayyar and S. Chandrasekharan, April 2016, Phys. Rev. D 93, 081701(R).
Study of SU(4) Composite Higgs Model with fermions in multiple representations,
Fermion mass generation without Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking,