Open Science Grid at NERSC
NERSC provides computing to Open Science Grid (OSG) users through a special allocation. OSG Users must submit an OSG new user request form. This gives them access to NERSC resources, using the standard OSG interfaces. Users must also complete a NERSC Computer Usage Policy Form before their access to NERSC can be activated.
In order to run at NERSC, an OSG user must go through the following process.
- If you already have a NERSC account, skip to step 5.
- Apply for a NERSC account through the OSG new user request form.
- Read and sign the NERSC Computer Usage Policy Form.
- Mail or fax the above form to NERSC Account support.
- Contact the person in charge of the group's activity at NERSC. By default, you will be associated with the OSG allocation and your P.I./P.I. Proxy will be Ruth Pordes, Shreyas Cholia or Doug Olson.
- Once your account is ready, make sure the correct cert DN has been added in the "Grid Certificates" tab of the NIM interface.