PDSF Users Meeting 4/27/10
Attending: Eric and Jay from PDSF and users Marjorie, Jeff P, Andrei and Craig.
Cluster status: Utilization has been light.
Outages: chos problem on interactives has been fixed (java vm can use a lot of memory).
Upcoming downtimes: in June/July will have multiple days center-wide outage - concerns were expressed about the timing - Jay to send out an email.
New hardware: Waiting for Dell to start selling new Intel chips. ATLAS storage is up and running. 40 new ALICE nodes in rack 21 and 22.
ATLAS grid activities. A validation test required some bestman patches.
- STAR testing on /project: need to define next set of tests.
- Jeff noted that the eliza1io limit is still zero
- Dayabay using SL4 but trying SL5. X11 headers missing?
- STAR won't need 32-bit SL5 chos but is testing 64-bit SL5 build
- /common inodes got used up yesterday, STAR and ATLAS cleaning up.
- In September DOE will come to visit ATLAS. They want to spend the money they have before then.