Franklin to be Retired April 30, 2012
March 6, 2012 by Francesca Verdier (0 Comments)
Franklin and its external login node Freedom will be retired on April 30, 2012. Batch processing will end on April 26.
The schedule of events is:
- Effective immediately: Software frozen except for critical updates
- Mon April 2: No new accounts will be createdon Franklin
- Thurs April 26, 23:59: Batch system is drained, batch queues are stopped (no jobs will be running at this point)
- Mon April 30: Last day to retrieve files from Franklin scratch file systems
- Mon April 30, 23:59: User logins are disabled
Please note that NERSC will not archive any Franklin scratch files. All files on $SCRATCH and $SCRATCH2 will be deleted when Franklin is retired. You must move the scratch files you wish to preserve to another system. Note that files in $HOME and /project are accessible from other NERSC machines.