How to get a NERSC account
In order to use the NERSC facilities you need:
- Access to an allocation of computational or storage resources as a member of a project account called a repository.
- A user account with an associated user login name (also called username).
If you are not a member of a project that already has a NERSC award, you may apply for an allocation. Please see Applying for your First Allocation. In particular, Startup Awards are available for new projects that wish to investigate using NERSC resources, or who wish to port or develop new codes.
How to get a New User account
- First, have your PI, PI Proxy, or Project Manager use the NERSC Information Management (NIM) web interface to add you to their project/repository (See A Guide to NIM for PIs, PI Proxies and Project Managers for details on how to add and delete users).
- Once you receive the email from NERSC that your username has been approved, you must fill out and submit the Computer User Agreement form before your account can be activated.
- Finally, once we receive your agreement form and activate your account, you will receive another email with a link that will allow you to set your initial password. That link will expire if not used within 72 hours. If the link has expired, you will need to call NERSC Account Support at 1-800-666-3772 menu 2, or 510-486-8612, to obtain a temporary password. You can call at any time, 24 x 7, and somebody will be here to assist you.