Resources Requested Tab
NERSC's computational resources share a common "MPP" (which stands for Massively Paralle Processing) allocation. See Usage Charging.
Under Alloc Type select one of:
- DOE Production: for production-ready projects, including SciDAC projects, awarded by DOE
- Startup: for PIs who wish to investigate using NERSC resources for new projects
- ALCC Awards: set by NERSC for DOE ALCC awards
- Education: if the project is for classroom teaching
- NISE Awards: set by NERSC for NISE awards
All NERSC projects have accounts on the mass storage system, HPSS. The storage accounting units are SRUs (Storage Resource Units). A SRU Calculator can help you estimate your SRU requirements. See HPSS Charging.
The HPSS repository name is usually the same as the MPP or PDSF repository name. For new projects you may see a number (as part of the validation process this will be corrected to be the same as the MPP or PDSF repo name).